Questions and Answers
- Does my organization have to execute the plans that we submit? No, the challenge is to share.
- Can a child care provider submit a plan to win a prize? No, this challenge is only for active CACFP Sponsors only.
- How much detail does the organization have to give about these plans? That’s completely up to the organization submitting the plan. And how much they want to win.
- If my organization doesn't win, will you still be sharing our plan on your website? Yes, that’s the CACFP Sponsors Helping CACFP Sponsors piece of this challenge.
- Will you put the organizations name on the website with the submitted plan? Yes, unless the organization requests to be anonymous in the application.
- If our organization wins, do we have to spend the money on the plan we submitted. No, you do not.
- If we win, are there any requirements on how the money is to be used? Any monies received from the 2020 CACFP take ACTION Challenge must only be used for the Child and Adult Care Food Program.
- Will our agency be required to report to TLFFCI how we used the money? Yes, but just to tell TLFCCI that any monies received from the challenge was spent on the Child and Adult Care Food Program. Whether it was spent on providers; on staff; on supplies; or on putting to practice your winning plan, it must be spent on CACFP. A letter to TLFCCI reporting how the funds were spent will be required.
- Is there a specific due date for this reporting to TLFCCI? Within one year from the date the funds were received.
- Do I have to submit a plan for both Recruiting and Retaining a child care business to CACFP? Yes, to be eligible, one of each.
- How will the plans be selected? On time Plans submitted will be judged on creativity and details. Submissions will be assigned a number to remain anonymous for judging by the TLFCCI Challenge committee.
- Who do I contact if I have a question? Email here